Friday, December 15, 2017

The Energy Medicine Yoga Prescription

The Energy Medicine Yoga Prescription
Lauren Walker
30962219
The author, a yoga teacher, has written this resource book to help the reader uncover the root causes for some of their physical health issues. Then the reader can use the yoga and self-care practices to begin a journey towards healing. The book begins with explaining the theory of energy medicine and how yoga plays into it. It spends quite a bit of the book instructing the reader on how to read their energy signs and how to incorporate this knowledge into getting better. Black and white photos are interspersed throughout the book to give the reader an idea of how some of the poses are to look like.

I'm a fan of yoga and believe it would be great if everyone practiced yoga. I am completely unfamiliar with the practice of energy medicine and was so confused while reading this book. My perception was that that the book was more about energy and not yoga. So while this book might be perfect for someone who practices energy medicine, it wasn't what I was looking for and left me with more questions than answers when I finished. Despite my disappointment, I did learn some things and think this would be a great addition to someone more familiar with energy medicine.

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: