Thursday, December 14, 2017

Out of the Ordinary

Out of the Ordinary
Apart from the Crowd #2
Jen Turano
34020175
Gertrude has the difficult job of being the paid companion to one of the most difficult women in town. She has been turned orange, made to wear strange ensembles, and is now currently stuck to a couch because of her employer's odd inventions. Harrison thinks of Gertrude as a dear friend, one who gets him and his oddities. But when he is put in a difficult decision he realizes he might lose his friend if he doesn't step up and take charge.

First - I loved the cover. The colors and the model fit well with the story in my imagination. The author, in the past, has placed a lot of humor into her plots. This time was no exception. I loved the characters and while this book is part of a series, I do think it could be read as a stand alone. The previous characters where there, but it didn't feel like I was missing something had I not read the first book. This is clean historical fiction that is clean and romantic. There is a tiny bit of a mystery, but it's cleared up quickly. It isn't to be read to learn more about history, but to be enjoyed as a sweet romance. The characters are full of life and fit well together with the plot. I can't wait to see what the author chooses to do with the next book.

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: