Saturday, December 16, 2017

Heir Force

Heir Force
A Military Inspirational Romance
Michelle Connell
36398596
Kate is in love with John and works with him on the air force base. But when she receives devastating news, she's left alone to pick up the pieces of her life. Secrets come out that makes her question everything. Her friend Spencer is a huge help and while Kate is just friends, Spencer is hoping for more.

The author did a good job of creating believable and likable characters. I liked how she brought inspiration and some thought provoking moments into the story. But the negatives, sadly, outweighed the positives for me. I had a hard time getting into the story, there wasn't enough of a pull. Because I was reading this to review, I read the entire book, but I wouldn't have, had I been just reading it. It just didn't grab me. The author has a good base, but really needs to do some editing to make it flow better and not come across as stilted. The story was told and not shown to the reader. There is a lot of unnecessary things that can be taken out to make it flow better and not bog down the reader. I think there is potential here, but it needs some serious polishing before it will become a great read.

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: