Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Just Look Up

Just Look Up
Courtney Walsh
32980228
 Lane has left the small town of Harbor Pointe behind and is now working in a large design firm in Chicago. She has worked incredibly hard to shed her small town image, including the extra weight. She hasn't returned home in years and has no plans for doing so in the future. She's up for a promotion and is working almost around the clock to ensure that it happens. But when her brother, the only one in her family who seemed to ever understand her, is in an accident, she makes the difficult decision to face her bad memories and return home.

I didn't expect this story to engage me as much as it did. I'm a fan of this author, but the description didn't grab me initially. But a few pages in, I was hooked and couldn't put the book down. It's authentic. I loved the various characters and their interaction with the main female character. The family, while very flawed, was real and entertaining. The author did a great job of making Lane's issues flow well with the story, without bogging everything down in depressing dialogue. The ending, while suspected, was well done and was the perfect last chapter for the book. I loved the chemistry between Lane and one of the characters. I also liked the elements of faith that was woven throughout the story. This is probably my favorite book by this author. Would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys a story about family, faith, love, and small towns.
I received a copy of this book from Tyndale. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: