Friday, June 2, 2017

Everyone Loves Sex

Everyone Loves Sex So Why Wait?
Bryan A. Sands
31869439
The author, a pastor, takes a psychological, sociological, and spiritual look at why sex is so appealing to us and why it's best to wait until marriage to have sex. The book is set in an almost conversation tone that speaks to the reader from where ever they are at in the sexual journey. He explains the important role that sex plays in our lives and how these experiences color our view of the world outside of the bedroom. He shares stories from his experiences as a counselor and shows the results of various studies that have been done on sex. At the end of each chapter is a discussion guide.

I actually enjoyed reading this book. It wasn't dry and boring. The author did a great job of mixing stories with the facts that he was presenting. The book has an obvious faith element that is woven throughout the book. I'm not sure what the target audience is, but I do feel that it probably wouldn't appeal to most teenagers. Even though I've been married for 20 years, I feel like I learned some new things about how our minds work and how we can best tend to our marriage. I would recommend this book to anyone in the 20s or older, to people who are looking to get married, or to those who are later in life and wondering about the effects of sex on their lives.

I received a copy of this book from Goodreads. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: