Thursday, April 13, 2017

Maybe It's You

Maybe It's You
Crisis Team #3
Candace Calvert
31559573
 Sloane has left her past behind when she moved to Los Angeles. She even went so far as to change her last name. But in trying to help a young girl, she is noticed by the PR Manager for the hospital. He's looking for a face for Hope Hospital and thinks that Sloane would be the perfect candidate. But Sloane is doing everything to avoid the spotlight. Her conception of Micah didn't get off to a great start, but maybe learning that he's also a volunteer crisis responder will change her mind.

While this book is in a series, I do think it could be read as a stand-alone. I somehow missed book #2 and was still able to jump right in to this story without feeling like I was missing a piece. I enjoy the laid back writing style and the character depth that the plot had. The author gave enough background and information to make the main characters intriguing. There was a bit of mystery and intrigue combined with the romance of the story. I always enjoy medical drama and was a tiny bit disappointed that there wasn't more medical jargon, but appreciate the author thinking of the non-medical readers. Overall, this was a fun story that I read quickly and enjoyed.

I received a copy of this book from Tyndale. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: