Sunday, April 9, 2017

An Afffair in Winter

An Afffair in Winter
Season #1
Jess Michaels
 30743811
Rosa Wilde is on the way to meet up with her sister when weather stands her at a local inn. There she spends the night in the company of a man that she knows only as Mr. Gray. Imagine her surprise to arrive at the estate where her sister is about to get married and find that he's the brother of her sister's fiance. And he doesn't want the two to get married. 

This book was a mixed bag for me. I liked the two main characters and quite a few of the secondary characters. I think the author did a great job of grabbing my interest with them. The story was a quick read that I was able to enjoy in one afternoon. There were some sweet and heartfelt moments throughout the book and I liked the way the author showcased the closeness in some families. I wasn't as fond of the plot, it was very obvious what the outcome would be from the very beginning. The element of mystery wasn't really there for me. And I felt like the bedroom scenes were a distraction rather than a plus in the story. I skipped over most of them to get to the interesting sections. The chemistry between the characters just wasn't there. I liked them individually, just not together. This was my first book by this author and since I enjoy the genre so much, I'm definitely willing to give her another shot.

I received a copy of this book. All thoughts expressed are my own.

No comments: